- New Gen 2 LED Racquetball Court 2×2
- Higher LPW with increased efficacy
- Flange or frame out mounting option
- Tempered glass lens with flush fit trim
- High color rendering for enhanced visibility
- Magnum wireless control option
- Rated service life, >100,000 hrs. (L90)
- DLC listed options for rebate incentives
- Made in the USA, 10 year warranty
Product Specification Sheets
- (PDF) LED Racquetball Court 2×2 (Frame Out)
- (PDF) LED Racquetball Court 2×2 (Flange Mount)
- (PDF) Photometric Layout (Standard 40x20x20 Court)
Wattage & Lumen Packages
- 84 watts, 12,000 lumens, recreational/residential.
- 118 watts, 17,000 lumens, club facilities/standard court levels.
- 139 watts, 19,000 lumens, professional/competition.
- High flux linear LED modules: 85 CRI, CCT 3500K, 4000K or 5000K.
- Constant current LED power supplies: 120-277v or 347v, 480v available with transformer.
- Low voltage dimming capability down to 0 or 10% (specify if dimming leads are required).
- Optional motion sensor, magnum wireless controls, A/B switching, emergency ballast.
- Control systems are pre-commissioned at factory for seamless integration during install.
- 040″ white pre-painted aluminum with top access plate.
- Flush fit trim piece for true rebound during play.
- Frame out or flange mounting options.
- 3/16″ obscured tempered glass eliminates glare.
- Bottom access door frame with secure latch.
- Top access plate provided for easy power connection.
- 100% bench tested prior to shipping.
- All fixtures are made in the USA.
- Operating Temperature: -28ºC to 50ºC (-20ºF/122ºF).
- Rated service life > 100,000 hours (L90).
- No mercury, RoHS compliant, DLC listed and CSA approved.
- 10 year product warranty.
LED Racquetball Court Lighting FAQs
What housing sizes and lumen packages does 1st Source offer?
We offer 1×4, 2×2 and 2×4 housings for courts with recessed hard ceilings. Typically (6) fixtures are required per 40’x20’x20′ racquetball court. The same fixture count is ideal for squash courts (32’x32’x18′). Lumen offerings include 12,000 nominal lumens for residential and recreational courts, 17,000 nominal lumens for club and competition light levels and 19,000 nominal lumens for professional or high competition play (video, etc).
What is the difference between a “frame out” and “flange mount” housing?
Our FRAME OUT option is constructed to fit inside a frame built around the fixture which sets inside the opening. The frame is typically built with 2×4 construction lumber. All of our frame out enclosures have fastener openings to secure screw bolts to the frame.
Our FLANGE MOUNT option is constructed to fit into the existing ceiling cut out. Uni-lug swing arms sandwich the fixture flush to the opening and secure to the top of the hard ceiling.
How do I determine if a new 1st Source fixture will fit my existing cut out and if I need a frame out or flange mount housing?
Of course, the best way is to access the existing fixture for measurements and mounting style. Unfortunately, 1×4, 2×4 and 2×2 sizing is nominal and can vary slightly for each manufacturer. If access is limited or costly for surveying dimensions, 1st Source has several universal and custom fit solutions that will minimize down time. Call us at 530-887-1110 or email email@example.com.
What about heat created by the fixture in an enclosed recessed space?
All 1st Source LED Racquetball Court fixtures are constructed of aluminum (superior to steel for heat dissipation), and are thermally tested for proper heat sink to absorb and and disperse heat away from LED diodes and drivers. This is crucial for enclosed recessed installations.
How much space is needed to allow for heat above the fixture?
A couple of inches of clearance above the fixture is advisable. This allows for the heat transferred from the LED’s and drivers to the body to dissipate into the space above. The cooler the fixture operates, the longer the electronic components will last. All of our LED Racquetball Court fixtures have passed stringent thermal testing with CSA. The formal fixture rating is listed as a “Non-IC LED Luminaire” intended for dry/damp troffer locations.
Why is a obscured tempered glass lens so important?
Two reasons: (1) Tempered glass secures firmly into door the door frame. The lens stays seated during impact and provides true rebound during play. Plastic lenses are more pliable and tend to bend and shift within the frame during impact. (2) We use obscured-diffused tempered glass to eliminate glare and disperse light evenly throughout the court.
What color temperature (CCT) is best for racquetball courts?
1st Source recommends 4000K or 5000K for best visual acuity during play.
Are 1st Source LED Racquetball Court fixtures dimmable? Controllable?
Yes, all of our LED Racquetball Court fixtures are low voltage and/or line voltage capable. Fixtures may be prepared with dimming leads to run low voltage wiring to a dimmer switch or may specified with line voltage dimming drivers. Integral control sensors may be added to the fixture to control on/off for occupancy or configure desired dimming levels.
In many cases, fixtures may also be controlled for on/off with a room ceiling sensor located at the back of the court, preferably near the entrance. 1st source also offers wireless control systems that may be controlled by a PC or hand held device.
Is emergency battery back up for egress lighting available?
Yes, emergency battery back up drivers may be integrated into our fixtures.